1. Donhwamun Gate
was rebuilt with materials taken from Gangnyeongjeon, the king’s residence at
Gyeongbokgung. The original Huijeongdang depicted on the Map of the East Palace
was an elegant building with a raised floor set on stone columns, and a pond in the
Sugangjae was first built in 1785, later renovated in 1848 and turned into the quarters of Queen Sunwon, the grandmother of King Heonjong.
is called Ongnyucheon. Sometimes the king and his officials set af loat their wine cups on the water while they wrote poetry. Five pavilions, Soyojeong, Taegeukjeong, Cheonguijeong, Nongsanjeong and Chwihanjeong, are located around Soyoam.
※ Please refer to the website of Changdeokgung Palace (http://eng.cdg.go.kr/main/main.htm) for more information. Most writings are copied from guidebook of Changdeokgung Palace.